ERETES is a software package that provides assistance in compiling National Accounts compliant with the international standards (SNA 1993 and SNA 2008) until the milestone 5 of their implementation.
The package is composed of:
- The main module: a database and a set of tools to help the national accountants team to build yearly national accounts
- Additional modules :
- SERIE module, to store yearly series of accounts, to produce aggregates at prices of a fixed reference year and to produce tables for dissemination purposes
- ICP module, to answer to the International Comparison Programme questionnaire for purchasing power parities
It is available in English, French and Spanish.
ERETES was developed under a cooperation Project by the European Union (Eurostat) and France (INSEE) twenty years ago and these co-owners support it since then (hotline, maintenance, funding of new developments).
It is at present used by almost twenty-five countries involved in a strong community represented in the Steering committee by Brazil (IBGE). The 300 members of the ERETES Group exchange on a dedicated website.
Trainings are available in the three languages and a strong team of trainers exists to deliver them.
Its key strengths are:
- a great flexibility of uses and an easy customization
- a high degree of completeness and security level
- a significant contribution to capacity building